Did you know that asbestos is also found in aircraft? Most people only think to get asbestos testing Perth for […]
In my time skydiving, I’ve seen some great sights. I’ve also seen some strange ones. The ones I’ve noticed that bug me the most are the times I see rooftop kitchens. They seem like bad ideas, exposed to the wind and rain like that. I keep thinking it must be hard to cook in such places.
As it turns out, they’re not bad ideas. They’re pretty good if you get them built right. Of course, that means going to professionals. A lot of the principles that apply to outdoor kitchens apply here. You can see more about renovations of that sort at the link.
First, think about the placement.
You want to be sure that smoke from things like the grill doesn’t make their way back to the home. If you’re the courteous sort, you don’t want it going to anyone else’s house either. Get an idea of the general pattern of the wind in your area so that you can position things correctly.
Another thing to think about is what you plan to do if you entertain people. Presumably, you are, because why else would you have an outdoor kitchen?
To do this well, you’ll want an outdoor area that has easy access to the interior kitchen. That means massive platters are moving around from one area to the next. You’ll want a good amount of space, so the foot traffic doesn’t bump into each other.
Safety is also a concern. Make sure that the layout of the outdoor kitchen is away from any flammable landscaping, such as plants. It should also be separated from things like walls, to avoid creating a fire hazard.
Kitchen size is bound to your appliances and the space of your rooftop.
If the roof is small, you need to select smaller appliances. Bigger ones would take up too much space and risk being a disruption. The working triangle still applies, so keep that in mind. Finally, if you want to use the roof for other things, then that’s one more thing to keep in mind.
Obviously, you don’t want to place a rooftop kitchen on an area of the roof that might not be able to support its weight or the expected foot traffic.
Storage is important. You’ll want a place for it.
Finally, pick materials and appliances that can take a lot of punishment. Rooftop kitchens are exposed to the sun, the weather, and the occasional mishap from a skydiver.
Skydiving is one activity that makes people’s heart take a pause or skip when it is mentioned. Of course, we all love to see someone dive in the skies for us to see and borough, we wish silently in our hearts to be able to dive in the skies too. But to take the big step to skydive is a problem the whole world is afraid to take.
Clearly, no one is born supernaturally with skydiving prowess. Felix Baumgartner, a world renowned skydiver who in 2012, became the first skydiver ever to reach Mach 1.25 in freefall, said in an interview of how he was not born a skydiver. He further added that he learnt it for quite a couple of years.
Skydiving on the outside, may look scary and something worth running away from. Nevertheless, on a closer look, we see that it is some easy sports to do. Reason being that no one learns skydiving on his own. It is hardly seen that one learns it singlehandedly.
This implies that a large percentage of people who are upcoming professional skydivers or who just skydive for fun, are tutored by a professional. And, this alone is comforting.
Unlike other sports, viz, Football, Skating, Basketball, Lawn tennis, etc. which an individual can just wake to the rave of it and do, Skydiving has to be done from off a plane. So, this makes it difficult for just any kid to do or where possibly can a plane be gotten by an exuberant kid? Hence, unnecessary injuries are evitable.
Also, in Skydiving, a whole lot of provision is made to safeguard a novice. One of these provision is Skydiving with a professional compulsorily. Yeah, compulsorily!
This is technically referred to as Tandem. Just as the name implies, you have a partner tandem with you. Here, that partner is a professional and he does about 90% of the diving leaving you with just 10% which is arguably just staying in compliance with his instructions. It’s as simple as that. However, with time, he’ll leave you to Skydive on your own.